CAN DO! Loves the south African music scene and we support the development of local artists.
We are offering some dope up and coming artists a chance to perform live on stage at the CAN DO! TurnUp events across the country.
We’ll advertise the location of the TurnUp events and the area that you need to be in to be eligible to submit your track for consideration.
Submit your track for consideration to be selected. Fill in the form, add a link to your soundcloud track, and tell us about your music and why you we should choose you to perform at a TurnUp event.
Make enough noise, and we’ll find you can put you on stage. That’s a promise.
1. After Uploading your track to SoundCloud, click your profile name and scroll down to tracks.
2. Hit the share button just under your track.
2. Copy the soundcloud url for your track.
3. Paste the url into the field labeled Link to your song on SoundCloud below.
1) No purchase necessary. The contest period, duration and timing will be identified by CAN DO! online at cando.sa.com or on socail media at the time of the contest.
2) To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of South Africa eighteen (18) years of age or older (unless otherwise specified). Employees and their parents, siblings, and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of Nampak, its agents, Contest/Prize Sponsors and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Previous prize winners (including anyone from the winner’s household) who have won a prize in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of another contest on the radio station or on the radio station website are not eligible to enter or win the contest. Only one (1) submission per person is permitted for any particular Contest, unless otherwise specified. Multiple entries will be discarded to give everyone a fair chance – so only submit your best track. Entrants who breach these conditions of entry may be disqualified, to be determined at the CAN DO!’s sole discretion. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, altered or tampered with in any way.
3) Prize: The Prize will include the opportunity to perform live on the CAN DO! Stage at a TurnUp event. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. CAN DO! reserves the right to substitute a prize winner due to unavailability, for whatever reason, and does not of the advertised prize. Any costs incurred by a winner though the awarding of the prize, such as travel or other costs, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
4) If you are declared a winner, you must arrive at the designated event location on the day and time provided by CAN DO! In order to claim the prize, the winner will be required to sign a Standard Release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing the Contest sponsor(s) from all liability relating to the contest. No substitution for, or transfer of the prize, will be allowed. The prize is not redeemable for cash. The prize cannot be sold for cash.
5) Chances of winning depend on skill of the artist and also quality of production as decided by the judges.
6) All decisions of CAN DO! are final. This contest is subject to all applicable national, provincial and municipal laws.
7) If for any reason, in the opinion of the CAN DO! Judges, in its/their sole discretion, the contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, mechanical manipulation or any other causes beyond its/their control, Contest Sponsor(s) reserve(s) its/their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the contest including cancelling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries.
8) By entering the contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as name, telephone number, age and address) by CAN DO! for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this contest. CAN DO! will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the CAN DO! should be addressed to CAN DO!. Furthermore, by entering the contest, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by the CAN DO!. The prize winner further agrees that his or her track may be used for promotional purposes on the website, social media or any other platform CAN DO! deems necessary. The entrant understands and acknowledges that CAN DO! may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
We’d love to hear your music! Send us your best tracks and you could be live on stage at the next CAN DO! Turn Up Tour.